Date last modified: June 11, 2020
1. Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide to Us
While using the Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask for basic information like your name, email address, and password in order to set up your account when you purchase a membership on the site. You may also provide us information (e.g. name, email address) when you respond to surveys, comment on blog posts, communicate with us through email, or create a post in a public forum on the Site.
You can always refuse to supply personal data; however, doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of some of the Site’s features and services.
In no event will we ever request sensitive personal data (e.g. health information, religious preferences, etc.) from you, and we expressly request that you not provide any such sensitive personal data to us.
B. Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
i. Usage Data
We may collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
ii. Tracking & Cookies Data
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
2. Use of Data
We will only use the personal data we collect as reasonably necessary for the following purposes:
- to provide and maintain the Site;
- to allow you to use and interact with the Site;
- to notify you about changes to the Site;
- to communicate with you from time to time in response to your requests for information or as may be relevant to your account;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Site;
- to send marketing communications related to the services we provide;
- to monitor the usage of the Site;
- as required by applicable law or legal requirements or for internal administrative purposes;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues; or
- as specifically authorized by you in writing.
3. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- we need to perform a contract with you;
- you have given us permission to do so;
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights;
- for payment processing purposes; or
- to comply with the law.
4. Maintenance of Personal Information
If you would like to change the information that we maintain about you, you may log into your account and change it or contact us by email for any information to which you don’t have access or the ability to change yourself. If you believe any of your information is incorrect or needs updating, please let us know at the email address listed in the “Contact” section below. We will use reasonable efforts to correct your information and our records upon verification of the requested change.
We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests. In some cases, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
5. Visitors’ Choices and Opt-Outs
If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from us, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please specify which notifications you no longer want to receive and provide your exact name and email address. After such a request is received, we will use reasonable efforts to stop sending you such notifications. Please note that some communications (such as account notifications) are considered transactional and necessary for account management and you cannot opt out of these messages unless you request to terminate your account. You may also opt out of any marketing emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of these marketing messages.
6. Retention of Data
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or to enforce our legal agreements and policies.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties except as follows:
- when we believe disclosure is reasonably required to comply with any law or legal request;
- to enforce our legal and contractual rights, or to protect the rights and safety of others;
- to third parties who help us provide any part of the Site, to the limited extent required for such help, and on condition that they may not further disclose your data or use it for any other purpose; or
- as part of a sale of our assets or a merger of our company.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated without limitation.
8. Transfer Of Data
9. Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the right to the following:
- To be informed;
- To access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
- To have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- To request we erase certain data about you, provided that such deletion may impact your ability to use some features of the Site;
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- To be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
- To object to automated processing; and
- To withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
To exercise these rights, see the “Contact” section below. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so. We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
11. Site Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site (“Site Providers”), to provide the Site on our behalf, to perform Site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how the Site is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Site. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their Privacy Policies.
The payment processors we work with are:
13. Third Party Links and Public Forums
Our Site may contain links to other websites that are not owned or operated by us. If you click on one of these links, you will be directed to that third party’s website. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party website or service.
We also may make forums and message boards available to you on the Site. Please remember that anything you voluntarily provide in any public area of the Internet will be publicly available to other visitors on that website and potentially to other third parties. You should always use caution when deciding to publicly share any of your personal information in these and similar areas.
14. Children’s Online Privacy
This Site is intended to be viewed by individuals who are at least 13 years old. The Site’s content is not directed at users under 13 years of age, and if you provide information about yourself as a user of the Site, you are representing that you are at least 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we become aware of having collected personally identifiable information from a user who is younger than 13 years of age, we will make reasonable efforts to remove such information from our records.
15. Do Not Track Signals.
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
17. Contact Information